Are you tired of watching your WooCommerce store load at a snail’s pace? Do you find yourself losing customers due to slow server speeds? Fear not!
In the world of high-speed eCommerce, fast and reliable hosting is the key to success.
But with so many hosting providers out there, how do you know which one to choose?
In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into the world of the best WordPress hosting and explore the fastest WooCommerce hosts in 2023.
We’ll cover everything from what makes a fast WooCommerce host and the benefits of managed hosting to important considerations when choosing a host for your online store. Plus, we’ll explain why you might need a dedicated WooCommerce host and how to migrate your hosting if necessary.
Whether you’re a small business looking to scale or a seasoned online merchant, we’ve got the perfect solution for you.
So, if you’re ready to take your WooCommerce store to the next level, keep reading to discover the best hosting providers for 2023. And don’t miss our recommendation for Saucal’s managed WooCommerce, which combines Convesio’s high-speed hosting with the perks of a managed hosting service.
Types of Hosting Providers
There are several types of hosting plans to consider for your WooCommerce site. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the one that best fits your needs.
Some hosts let you have greater control over your website, with cPanel access, PHP, and MySQL compatibility, while others have alternative control panels and site management options.
Let’s take a closer look at the most common types of hosting plans:
Shared hosting is the most common and affordable type of hosting plan, especially for small businesses and personal websites.
In shared hosting, multiple websites are hosted on a single physical server, which means you share resources like CPU, RAM, and bandwidth with other websites. This allows hosting providers to offer shared hosting plans at low prices, making it an attractive option for users on a tight budget.
However, shared hosting can lead to slower load times and reduced performance during high-traffic periods, as your website competes with other websites for server resources.
Additionally, shared hosting plans may have limitations on the number of websites, databases, or email accounts you can host.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting
VPS hosting, or Virtual Private Server hosting, is a type of hosting where users share a physical server but have their own virtualized server environment.
This allows users to have more control over their hosting environment, including the ability to customize software, install applications, and manage server settings.
Some of the benefits of VPS hosting include:
- Scalability: With VPS hosting, users can easily scale up their hosting resources as their website grows, without the need to migrate to a new hosting environment. This makes VPS hosting a popular choice for growing businesses that need more resources as their website traffic increases.
- Improved performance and reliability: VPS users have their own dedicated resources, which means that they are not affected by the performance of other websites on the same server. This can result in faster load times and improved uptime, which is critical for eCommerce websites that rely on a stable and fast hosting environment.
When choosing a VPS hosting provider, it’s important to consider factors such as the provider’s reputation, customer support, and the location of their data centers. The location of the data center can affect the speed of the hosting service, as closer data centers tend to offer faster load times.
Dedicated hosting is where users rent an entire physical server for their website. This provides complete control over the server environment, including the ability to customize software, install applications, and manage server settings.
There are several advantages of dedicated server hosting, such as:
- High Level of Performance: With dedicated hosting, users have dedicated resources that are not shared with other websites, resulting in faster load times, improved uptime, and better overall performance. This is especially important for high-traffic websites that require a high level of performance and reliability to handle large amounts of traffic.
- Increased Security: Users have complete control over their server environment, which means that they can implement their own security measures to protect their website and data. This is particularly important for eCommerce websites that handle sensitive customer information and transactions.
- Customization: With dedicated hosting, users have full control over their server environment and can customize their server settings to optimize performance for their specific needs. This level of customization is not available with shared hosting or VPS hosting, which are more limited in terms of customization options.
However, dedicated hosting is also the most expensive type of hosting, as users are responsible for the cost of the entire physical server. In addition, you also need to have technical expertise to handle website customization on dedicated servers.
Nevertheless, with dedicated resources, faster load times, and improved reliability, dedicated hosting can help eCommerce websites stay ahead of the competition and provide a better user experience for their customers.
Cloud hosting, such as the Google Cloud platform, involves hosting websites on a network of interconnected servers. This provides high levels of scalability and reliability, as resources can be easily allocated as needed.
Cloud hosting offers improved performance and reliability compared to shared hosting. Here, as websites are hosted on a network of interconnected servers, the workload can be shifted to another server if one server fails.
Cloud hosting is typically more expensive than shared hosting, but is still more affordable than dedicated hosting, which makes it a great option for businesses that need more scalability and reliability than shared hosting can provide, but don’t have the budget for dedicated hosting.
Managed hosting is where the hosting provider manages the server hardware and software for you. This is ideal for users who do not have the technical expertise to manage their own servers or want to focus on running their business rather than managing their hosting environment.
Some of the benefits of managed hosting are as follows:
- A fully optimized hosting environment: Managed hosting solutions are designed for faster load times and improved reliability, as they use the latest technologies and tools to ensure that the hosting environments are optimized for speed and performance.
- Good security: Managed hosting companies typically offer advanced security measures, including firewalls, malware scanning, and intrusion detection, to protect their clients’ websites and data.
- 24/7 customer support: Managed hosting providers typically offer expert support from a team of trained professionals who are available to help with any issues that may arise. This can save businesses time and money by reducing the need for in-house technical expertise and minimizing downtime.
Reseller hosting is where users can sell hosting services to their own clients under their own brand name. This is a popular option for web designers and developers who want to offer hosting services to their clients.
There are some unique advantages of reseller hosting, such as:
- Ability to generate additional revenue: With reseller hosting, users can purchase hosting resources in bulk and then resell them to their own clients at a markup. This can be a profitable business model for web designers and developers who already have a client base and want to offer additional services.
- Improved control and flexibility: Users have full control over their hosting environment, including the ability to customize server settings and manage client accounts.
- Turnkey solution to offer hosting services: Reseller hosting providers typically offer all of the tools and resources needed to set up and manage a hosting business, including billing software, technical support, and marketing materials.
Reseller hosting is a great option for users who want to offer hosting services to clients without the need to invest in their own infrastructure.
Why You Might Need a Dedicated WooCommerce Host
As a WooCommerce store owner, you know that your website is the backbone of your operation.
That’s why it’s crucial to choose the right hosting provider for your WooCommerce website.
While shared hosting and VPS hosting may be sufficient for some businesses, a dedicated WooCommerce host offers several advantages that make it the best choice for high-performance, secure, scalable, and fast WordPress hosting.
WooCommerce websites generate a high volume of traffic and transactions, which can put a strain on the hosting environment.
A dedicated WooCommerce host is optimized specifically for WooCommerce, which means that it can handle the demands of eCommerce websites without sacrificing performance or speed.
With faster load times and improved uptime, a dedicated WooCommerce host can provide a better user experience for your customers and help you stay ahead of the competition.
eCommerce websites handle sensitive customer information and transactions, which makes them a prime target for cyber attacks.
A dedicated WooCommerce host can implement specialized security measures and monitor your site for any potential security threats, helping to protect your customers’ data and your business’s reputation.
Some dedicated WooCommerce hosts also offer daily backups, free SSL certificates, and other security features to provide added peace of mind.
Reliable Customer Support
A dedicated WooCommerce host can offer specialized support for WooCommerce, including help with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and other issues specific to the platform.
Dedicated WooCommerce hosts are often staffed with experts who are familiar with the platform and can offer customized solutions to meet your needs. This can be particularly helpful if you’re not familiar with the technical aspects of running a website.
Opportunity for Customization
A dedicated host can offer more control over the server environment, which can allow you to optimize your site for performance and security. This can include specialized plugins, themes, and other features that are tailored to the needs of eCommerce sites.
With a dedicated WooCommerce host, you can also customize your server settings to meet your specific needs, which can help you achieve better results for SEO and other online marketing efforts.
Key Considerations While Choosing a Hosting Provider for WooCommerce
Choosing the right hosting provider for your WooCommerce website is a crucial decision that can impact the performance, security, and scalability of your online store.
Here are some key considerations to keep in mind when choosing a host for WooCommerce:
It’s important to consider how much bandwidth each plan offers and whether it scales with increased usage. You should also check if there are any limits on how much bandwidth is used per month and whether the host offers unlimited bandwidth plans.
How much storage space does each plan offer? Does it scale with increased usage? Is there any limit on how much storage space is used per month? Do they offer unlimited storage space plans? These are some of the questions that you should ask your hosting provider.
The uptime of the hosting provider is an important consideration as it affects the availability of your website.
Look for hosts that offer high uptime guarantees and have multiple data centers around the world to ensure that your website is always up even if one data center goes down.
Ensure that you check whether they have good monitoring systems in place to detect and fix any issues quickly before users notice them.
The kind of support offered by the host is important, including the channels through which support is offered (email, live chat, etc.) and the response time they offer.
It also helps if they have an in-depth knowledge base, where you can find solutions to common problems yourself instead of having to talk to someone every time something goes wrong with your website.
Pricing is an extremely important consideration when choosing WooCommerce hosting. On the one hand, you do not want to compromise security or customization for lower costs, but on the other, costly dedicated hosting plans may not always fit your budget.
Plus, you also need to consider all additional costs like setup fees or domain registration fees.
Having said that, hosting providers offer a lot of flexibility in terms of payments. For example,s some hosts offer discounts if you sign up for multiple years at once or if you pay annually instead of monthly.
In addition, it can be ideal if your hosting company offers a money-back guarantee, which allows you to try their services risk-free and get a refund if you’re not satisfied.
Choose a host that offers specialized security measures and monitoring services to protect your website and customer data. You should also check whether they offer free SSL certificates, which can improve the security of your website.
Server Location and CDN
The location of the hosting provider’s servers can affect the speed of your website. Choose a host that has servers located near your target audience to reduce latency and improve site speed.
Alternatively, a Content Delivery Network (CDN) can improve the speed and reliability of your website by distributing content across multiple servers around the world. You can look for hosts that offer a CDN or integrate with popular CDN providers.
Bonus points if your hosting provider offers WooCommerce caching capabilities to improve site speed.
Backup and Restore Options
Backups are important to ensure that you can restore your website in case of data loss or corruption. You should look for hosts that offer automatic backups and the ability to restore your website easily if needed.
By taking these key considerations into account, you can choose a hosting company that provides the best possible experience for your eCommerce website.
Matias Saggiorato, CTO at Saucal, has more thoughts to share about finding the right WooCommerce host for your store:
When finding hosts, you need to look into the resources your site will get allocated with. Some things to look into are PHP Worker Amount, CPU Cores assigned, Memory Assigned (Total, and per PHP Worker), and Object Cache solution (eg: Redis is typically way faster than Memcached).
If containerized, networking speed between containers. This is especially true on mid-complexity WooCommerce sites and above.
WordPress and WooCommerce have very different needs when it comes to server requirements, and it’ll vastly depend on the traffic and complexity of your site. You may not need much to start with, but depending on your growth you’ll need to look these topics to make the best decision.
Problem is, not all of these things are freely advertised by most hosting companies, and you’ll likely bounce from provider to provider, until you find the right one for you.
Best WooCommerce Hosting Providers 2023
Now that we’ve covered the key considerations when choosing a host for WooCommerce, let’s take a closer look at the six best hosting providers for 2023.
These hosts offer high-performance servers optimized for WooCommerce, fast site speed, and excellent customer support.
Here, we have an overview of each host, their features, and pricing, along with their uptime and load time statistics from different regions.
1. Saucal + Convesio
Saucal is a managed WooCommerce hosting provider that offers superior performance and customer support.
It is an excellent option for businesses looking for a hosting company that is specifically optimized for WooCommerce.
Some of the best advantages of using Saucal are:
- Saucal offers flexible managed hosting services that cater to new WooCommerce sites and high-revenue WooCommerce stores alike.
- It has a dedicated expert team that proactively reduces downtime and manages development in a separate secure environment without affecting your production environment. This is a game-changer for businesses that require exceptional uptime and performance.
- Saucal partners with Convesio to enable users to enjoy even greater flexibility when upgrading their store.
- Convesio offers the most scalable, fastest WordPress hosting, making it an excellent complement to Saucal’s managed WooCommerce services. With Convesio’s cutting-edge technology, Saucal users can experience faster website speeds, higher conversion rates, and improved page load times.
- Saucal has a dedicated expert team that proactively manages your website’s performance, ensuring that your website is always running smoothly.
- The team performs automated user tests on your critical customer journeys, so you can be sure that any deployment doesn’t break anything critical.
- Saucal also offers excellent customer support, providing its users with access to a knowledgeable and helpful support team.
In terms of pricing, Saucal offers several flexible pricing plans, including a starter plan for beginners and an enterprise plan for high-revenue WooCommerce stores.
With its dedicated expert team, partnership with Convesio, and excellent customer support, Saucal offers superior web hosting performance and uptime. Its many features, such as automated user testing and a separate secure development environment, make it an excellent choice for businesses that require exceptional website management.
Some of the advantages of Kinsta include:
- High-performance CDN, powered by Cloudflare, and spanning over 275 cities across the USA, Europe, Australia, and Asia, which allows users to access your WooCommerce store from anywhere in the world. This can help to improve the speed and performance of your website, which can lead to higher conversion rates and improved user experience.
- Kinsta uses server-level caching to ensure that your customers always benefit from your site’s most up-to-date and high-performing version.
- Excellent customer support, with a team of experts available 24/7 to help with any issues that you may encounter.
- The host offers a staging environment that allows you to test changes before deploying them to the live site, which can help to reduce the risk of errors or downtime.
In terms of pricing, Kinsta’s plans are on the higher end of the spectrum, but they offer good value for the money. The plans are based on the number of monthly website visits, with options ranging from 20,000 visits per month to 3,000,000 visits per month.
Each plan includes free CDN and SSL, as well as daily backups.
One of the potential downsides of Kinsta is that it does not offer email hosting, which means that you will need to use a separate service for email. Additionally, Kinsta’s plans are based on the number of monthly website visits, which means that if your site experiences a sudden surge in traffic, you may need to upgrade to a higher plan.
Liquid Web offers a WooCommerce hosting plan focused on sales performance. The company’s key USP is that it has a dedicated support team that can quickly troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise.
Some other advantages of Liquid Web as a hosting provider include:
- A strong commitment to fast and reliable hosting services.
- WooCommerce plans that include features to help to improve your site’s performance, user experience, and search engine rankings, ultimately leading to increased sales.
- Free SSL certificates, a content delivery network (CDN), and server-level caching that help ensure your store is always running quickly and efficiently.
- A range of eCommerce-specific features, such as advanced product search, custom checkout fields, and the ability to customize shipping options.
- A dedicated support team with an average response time of just 59 seconds and which is available 24/7.
One potential downside of Liquid Web is its pricing. Their WooCommerce hosting plan is more expensive than some other options on this list, but it comes with a range of features and a dedicated support team that may be worth the investment for businesses with high sales volumes.
Additionally, Liquid Web does not offer a free trial, which means that potential users cannot test the service before committing to a plan.
4. WP Engine
WP Engine is a popular WooCommerce hosting provider that is known for its fast and reliable hosting services.
Some of its main advantages include:
- Its proprietary frontend caching system, EverCache, which helps to improve site speed optimization. This caching system allows your WooCommerce store to load quickly and efficiently, which can improve the user experience and boost sales.
- Scalable packages to choose from, including a StartUp plan that comes with automatic plugin updates and one-click store creation. This makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to get started with WooCommerce and create a professional-looking store without having to worry about the technical details.
- High-performance carts, store maintenance, and additional site encryption, depending on your plan. These features can help to improve the security and reliability of your WooCommerce store, which is essential for businesses that rely heavily on their online sales.
On the flip side, WP Engine has a relatively small number of data centers compared to some other providers, which could potentially impact load times for users in certain regions.
Another potential drawback of WP Engine is its lack of flexibility when it comes to plugins and customization. They have a strict policy on the types of plugins that can be used on their platform, which can be a limitation for businesses that require more flexibility in their WooCommerce store.
While not specifically designed for WooCommerce, Flywheel can still be an excellent option for businesses that want to host their WooCommerce store on a reliable and secure platform.
Here is an overview of some of Flywheel’s advantages:
- Flywheel provides a user-friendly interface and intuitive dashboard that makes it easy for users to create and manage their WordPress sites.
- It also offers a range of helpful features such as automatic updates, daily backups, and built-in security measures that help to keep your site secure and up-to-date.
- The hosting provider has a range of hosting plans to suit different needs, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting. This makes it easy for businesses to choose a hosting plan that fits their budget and requirements.
- Flywheel provides a range of developer-friendly tools, such as local development environments and collaboration tools, that make it easy for teams to work together on WordPress projects.
One potential drawback of Flywheel is its lack of support for WooCommerce-specific features. While Flywheel can still be used to host a WooCommerce store, it does not provide the same level of WooCommerce-specific optimization as some other providers on this list.
WPVIP offers a range of packages tailored to suit different business needs.
With WPVIP, businesses can create and manage their WooCommerce stores with features such as dedicated support, enhanced security, and high-performance hosting.
Here are some of the benefits of WPVIP:
- Customized packages based on your website traffic and WordPress applications, ensuring that your hosting plan is perfectly suited to your business needs.
- Range of helpful features such as dedicated support, enhanced security, and high-performance hosting that help to keep your site secure and performing at its best.
- It has an analytics package known as Parse.ly, which can help businesses to assess their ROI and develop their content strategy. This can be a useful tool for businesses looking to optimize their WooCommerce store for increased conversion rates and revenue.
Having said that, WPVIP’s focus on larger enterprise clients may not make it the best option for smaller businesses or startups.
Providers We Don’t Recommend For Fast WooCommerce Hosting
Choosing the wrong hosting provider for your WooCommerce website can be a costly mistake, leading to slow website performance, security issues, and lost revenue.
When choosing a hosting provider, it’s important to avoid certain red flags that can lead to persistent problems. Here’s a list of some common characteristics of low-cost shared hosting providers:
Shared hosting environments
This can lead to slower website performance and longer load times, especially during peak traffic periods.
It’s important to choose a hosting provider that offers dedicated resources for your website to ensure optimal performance.
Limited server resources
Shared hosting plans typically come with limited server resources, such as CPU, RAM, and disk space. This can limit the performance of your website, especially if you have a large eCommerce site with high traffic volume.
Choose a hosting provider that can provide the resources your website needs to operate optimally.
Poor customer support
Some users have reported poor customer support experiences with shared hosting providers, which can be frustrating and time-consuming if you run into technical issues with your website.
How to migrate your site from one host to another
Migrating your site from one hosting provider to another can be a daunting task, but with the right preparation and tools, it can be a smooth process.
Many good hosting providers offer WooCommerce migration services, which can help you move your website seamlessly to a new hosting platform, without breaking things.
However, if you are migrating your WooCommerce site by yourself, here are some steps you can take to migrate your site.
- Back up all of your website files, including databases, media files, and other content. This will ensure that you don’t lose any data during the migration process.
- Set up your new hosting account and install any necessary software or plugins.
- Use an FTP client or file manager to transfer your website files from your old host to your new host. This can include transferring your website’s database, media files, and other content.
- Update your domain name servers to point to your new host. This will ensure that visitors can access your website at its new location.
- Check for broken links, missing content, and other issues that may have occurred during the migration.
- Monitor your website after the migration is complete to ensure that it continues to run smoothly.
- Keep an eye out for any performance issues, security threats, or other problems that may arise.
Having a reliable and fast WooCommerce hosting provider can make the migration process much easier and more seamless. Look for a hosting provider that offers specialized WooCommerce features, excellent customer support, and scalable plans to meet the needs of your growing eCommerce site.
Switch to Saucal’s Fast & Reliable Managed WooCommerce
Throughout this article, we have explored some of the best WooCommerce hosting providers available in 2023, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
After comparing the pros and cons of the top WooCommerce hosts, some facts become clear:
- It is crucial to consider all factors, such as uptime, server resources, customer support, and pricing, while selecting your WooCommerce host.
- Avoiding shared hosting environments and seeking out specialized WooCommerce features can also go a long way towards ensuring that your store runs smoothly and efficiently.
At the end of the day, we strongly recommend Saucal’s managed WooCommerce services.
Our dedicated expert team proactively reduces downtime and manages development in a separate secure environment, ensuring that your production environment remains unaffected.
Saucal provides fast and reliable hosting, high-level security measures, and outstanding customer support, making it the ideal choice for any WooCommerce store owner.
Switch to Saucal’s fast & reliable managed WooCommerce services today, and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your online store is in the best hands possible!